BWC’s Parenting Group meets monthly, usually on the last Wednesday of the month, from 7-8pm. The Parenting Group allows for discussions and mutual learning and touches upon various topics important to parents of teens and tweens.
The Parenting Group is facilitated by Lisa Gibalerio and Maeve Kennelly, with occasional guest facilitators. Join the group by emailing Maeve_Kennelly@WaysideYouth.org.
Join us via Zoom: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81577946616
- September 27, 2023
- October 25, 2023
- November 29, 2023
Topics are decided by the Group participants.
Past topics include:
- Puberty, changing bodies, etc
- Influencing children without nagging
- Supporting youth mental health
- Strategies for managing screen time
- Fostering trust & autonomy with teens
- ADHD and challenges to executive functioning
- Strategies for preventing/delaying substance misuse
- Dating, relationships, and sex
- Supporting LGBTQ+ Youth
- Culture of stress and how to mitigate overwhelming stress
- Pandemic impact