Tip Sheet: Suicide Prevention in Teens
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741-741
Mobile Crisis Intervention: Advocates crisis line is (800) 540-5806 for Belmont and available 24/7. If you are experiencing a mental health or emotional crisis, please call to speak to an Advocates crisis clinician.
Resources related to working to prevent suicide in youth:
- Web Article: How I talked to My Teen about Suicide-And How You Can Do It Better
- Web Article: Rise and Shine – How to Help a Child with Suicidal Thoughts
- Web Article: Child Mind Institute – National Suicide Prevention Month
- Web Article: WGBH News – A Teen Tried to Raise Red Flags About Her Boyfriend, But He Took His Own Life. Is The School Responsible?
- Web Article: Trust for America’s Health – Addressing a Crisis: Cross-Sector Strategies to Prevent Adolescent Substance Use and Suicide
- Video: Amaze – Self Harm and Cutting